chevron

1.10.2010

The Potter and the Clay

Another little known fact about me, I love art. You probably wouldn't guess from my engineering degree, lack of drawing skills or that I shop at the Gap. But all through grade school I used to go to summer art camps and after school art programs at a local community center. I loved it. We would paint, draw, paper mache, do pottery, all kinds of stuff. I haven't really used many of these skills later in life, other than occasionally re-arranging our furniture, scrapbooking, or taking pictures.

But a few weeks ago Kara found this place where you could go and actually use their pottery wheel. I was so excited. We made two small pots, and it was actually slightly frustrating at how little I remembered, but we had a blast.


No comments:

Post a Comment