chevron

11.12.2009

Indy Monumental Marathon!

I can not believe it, but Ryan and I finished our races last weekend!! We both ran in the Indianapolis Monumental Marathon (and Half marathon for me), and survived! We have been training for several months, pretty much since July, and we did it. It is really amazing to see how you can train yourself to do something you never thought you could by slowly building up to it.

Here are some pictures to show you how it went:



Before the race, my parents getting ready to drop us off


Ryan after he passed my parents, he is behind the tree I think


Near mile 6, I still look semi-happy!


After I passed my parents, on 16th St, and Penn I think? Funny, I am like 2 blocks from our house here, and it was a little tempting to just run home :)

Not sure what this picture is of, but it is about mile 11, so close!


After I finished! 13.1! It was so fun having a lot of family there to cheer us on


Here comes Ryan (after he ran twice the distance I did!) - His mom, me, cousins, brother, dad, aunt, uncle, and my parents, are at the bottom right cheering him to the finish!


26.2 miles!


Seriously, my husband is a stud!


Dad pretending he ran... They were great encouragers, Mom and Dad were all over the course to cheer us on


I'm so glad they came up :)


Parke and Quinn, some friends from church, also ran the marathon. I am so proud of the three of them! They all trained so hard, and did great!

Ryan's mom, brother, and aunt also ran the 1/2 marathon, so I feel that I have been a little sucked in to the family running tradition. Overall, training and running the race were a great experience (I can say that now that's it's over), and we could not have had a more beautiful day. I don't know if I will ever run that far again, but I am glad I at least tried it! And if you're thinking about it...if I can do it, you can definitely do it. I don't even really like running, so give it a shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment