chevron

6.10.2010

Strawberry Festival

Yesterday was one of my favorite days in Indianapolis.  They have the Strawberry festival downtown on the circle!  A local church takes over the whole circle and you can get a huge strawberry shortcake for a few dollars.  And!  Each of the strawberry shortcakes are actually homemade and support a good cause.  Perfect right?

(images from Indygrapevine.com)

Wrong!  As I was hurrying to drive home and make it before they close at 6, I heard that they were out of shortcakes!  What is a strawberry shortcake without the shortcake?  After dealing with my disappointment, my wonderful husband suggested we just make our own. 

DSC_0434 

I am a very lucky girl.  I also thought I would share with you my favorite strawberry shortcake recipe.  (It’s actually from the back of a bisquick box, so if you have some, you can reference that!)

2 1/3 C original Bisquick mix (or other pancake mix I’m sure)

½ C milk

3 Tbsp sugar

3 Tbsp butter

Whipped cream

4 C sliced fresh strawberries

¼ C sugar

Stir Bisquick, milk, 3 tbsp sugar, and butter until dough forms.  Drop 6 spoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes on 425 degrees.  Meanwhile, add 1/4 C sugar to the sliced strawberries.

Lastly, split the shortcakes, add strawberries and whipped cream, and be thankful it’s summer!  Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment