chevron

8.02.2011

more seals

A few weeks ago we hiked out to the red rocks to find some seals (here), and this past weekend we did it again! The Texans were hiking on Sunday and it was a beautiful day, so we decided to join them.

I was able to capture the 'red' a little bit more this time when I was taking pictures. And it always amazes me how blue the water is!

The walk is actually very flat, which is nice, and walks right along the coastline at the foot of some hills.
You cross over a few streams...

Climb a few rocks...

Take a few pictures...
And then find the seals! It is funny to take pictures with them because they don't really move. So, we could be taking pictures with dead seals for all we know. I'm pretty sure they aren't, but they are out cold.

Like this guy, lounging on his back.

It is so hard to get the mountains of the South Island to show up in pictures. They are very clear in person, so I am puzzled. But either way, they were snow capped this time.

I took this picture to try and capture the sun coming through and reflecting on all of the hills in the distance. I am constantly amazed by God's creation.

And lastly, us. It was such a beautiful day, and we are learning you have to really take advantage of those around here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment