chevron

2.25.2011

Christchurch earthquake

I'm sure by now everyone has heard about the earthquake in Christchurch. I feel like I have been glued to the internet (since we don't have tv...) trying to soak in any information I can get. My heart just breaks for the people there, and especially for our staff who were already dealing with some serious anxiety due to the last earthquake and aftershocks.

I would ask if you could please be praying for our staff team down there and that they would have wisdom in how to respond and serve their neighbors. And also that our team up here in Wellington would be able to serve them well as we look for opportunities to help.

We had a prayer meeting yesterday with all of the Christian groups on campus so we could pray together for Christchurch. It was a really neat time, and I was so thankful that we were able to come together with our brothers and sisters here at Victoria, whom we don't usually get to work with that often. I am always so encouraged by unity in the body of Christ. We were joined by International Student Ministries, the Christian Union, the Catholic Chaplaincy, and International Christian Fellowship. We all have fairly different focuses on campus, but it was neat to see everyone together with a common purpose to mourn with those who mourn and praying the Lord would be glorified throughout all of New Zealand. New Zealand is a small country compared to home, and everyone here knows someone in Christchurch, which makes the tragedy feel so close to home.


No comments:

Post a Comment